15 January 2013
New Years Newsletter - Jan 2013
Welcome to the New Year's edition of Aerion Technologies Newsletter. We would like to thank you for your continued support throughout 2012 and we hope that you had a safe and happy holiday.
2012 has been a great year at Aerion, we have enjoyed creating custom solutions for our clients. Below is a brief review of the year that was:
- New staff members. Aerion Technologies is growing, we have recently filled two positions, that of Sales Representative and Developer
- Mobile space: Aerion has moved further into Mobile Application Development with the Pickle Club App developed for iPhone/Android; Incentive Based Internal Application Champions Challenge and My Aussie Rewards which will be released early in 2013.
- Education: Aerion is currently researching and planning an educational game for Gene Technology Access Centre (GTAC). We'll keep everyone posted with the progress of this exciting new development
- Aerion leaps into action: Aerion Technologies has been accepted into the Leap Motion (motion tracking system) Developer Program, this will allow Aerion to prototype Apps and gain insight into the possibilities of this new technology. Read More
Thanks again and we look forward to working with you all in 2013
PICKLE CLUB APP
The Pickle Club App is a marketing initiative by a group of McDonald’s franchises offering daily offers. Owned and operated by the Kelly Co. Group, these outlets offer a new deal every day via social media channels e.g. Facebook. This page has over 36,000 likes and a very active fan base.
Aerion Technologies was tasked with bringing the Pickle Club experience to mobile with iOS and Android Apps.
The result was an App offering the following features:
- Push notifications to alert users of daily offers
- Location of the participating McDonald’s Restaurants
- Directions to preferred Pickle Club Restaurant
- Interaction with the Pickle Club’s Facebook page
All content for the App, including daily offers, store locations, FAQs and push notifications are managed by the Pickle Club admins via WordPress.
An essential part of the mobile App experience is Push notifications. These notifications enable the administrators to keep users engaged and informed. Customer are directed to go to any participating outlet to redeem the special of the day, e.g. $2 DOLLAR QUARTER POUNDER, CODEWORD: 'DOWNLOAD IPHONE APP'
PICKLE CLUB APP STATISTICS:
- The iPhone version of Pickle Club has had over 13,000 downloads from the App Store
- It was number 1 in its category "Food and Drink" in its first week on the store
- The Android version has had over 3,000 downloads and was in the top 3 new Apps in its category 'Lifestyle' on Google Play
WINDOWS 8 TABLETS
Windows 8 is Microsoft’s new operating system for use on PC's, including home and business desktops, laptops and tablets. There has been a large shift in Microsoft focus. They have developed an operating system that not only works well on the traditional desktop with a keyboard and mouse, but it is also touch enabled for Touch Screen Monitors and Tablets.
Previous versions of Windows have had touch support from Windows XP through to Windows 7 with the functionality evolving over time from single input to multi-touch. Windows 8 is now primarily focused on improving its user experience to rival the iOS and Android operating systems. Windows 8 has a touch friendly home screen called the Start Screen, which is designed to allow quick access to information with large displays enabling easy touch input.
AERION LEAPS INTO ACTION
Leap Motion is a small iPod sized USB peripheral that creates a 3D interaction space to precisely interact with and control software on your laptop or desktop computer.
Aerion has been accepted into the Leap Motion Developer Program, which allows us to gain early access to a Leap Motion Developer Kit. The developer kit will allow Aerion to prototype Apps and develop highly interactive motion and touch applications.
We are keen to discuss your Leap development ideas. Aerion’s Leap Motion developer status gives us the necessary technical insight and backup to bring your ideas into complete fruition.
WOODS ACCIDENT REPAIR - BOOKING SYSTEM
The Woods Online Booking Website allows customers to create bookings via an online platform. This system takes online bookings and integrates with each Woods Branch and imports bookings directly to their POS.Read More
PHARMACY CHOICE - BENCHMARK HUB
This system was developed to allow members of Pharmacy Choice to submit their profit and loss statements online and to compare their pharmacy against the Pharmacy Choice membership base. An administrative component was also developed that allows Pharmacy Choice staff to evaluate the progress of individual pharmacies and generate trend reports. Read More
NEW WEBSITE - SQUEEZE JUICE BAR
Cyprus based, franchise company Squeeze Juice Bars wanted a website that reflected their exotic menu. Squeeze serves a range of juice cocktails, fruit smoothies and hot drinks in winter at their eight locations. Read More