App developers get asked a ton of questions all the time. In this blog, we discuss the five FAQs for developers.
We thought the answers would help if you want to build custom software or a A Mobile App/ Application is a program that you download from Google Play or The App Store. You then install....
Should I build custom software?
Whether or not one should build a custom software tops the list of FAQs for developers.
As organizations move towards digital transformation and seek to improve customer engagement, custom software solutions are considered a prerequisite.
51% of IT companies plan to give more attention to software development. And that’s a big number.
Here are some of the reasons why businesses opt for custom software solutions:
- Improves business flexibility
- Provides fast integration with enough ease
- Allows for A-to-Z customization
- Is an affordable development model
A custom software development process is the process by which a specific software is designed, created, deployed, and maintained to perform specific operational activities.
At Aerion, custom software development encompasses building web and mobile apps, e-commerce, enterprise applications, system integrations, and business intelligence.
If you work with us, our experienced software developers will work with you to understand your needs and prepare a plan of action before actual software development. The plan will include, but not be limited to, cost quotations, delivery timeframes, potential risks, and how those can be mitigated.
Why do I need a A Mobile App/ Application is a program that you download from Google Play or The App Store. You then install...?
This is the era of mobile users. It won’t be easy to find someone who doesn’t use or know of this technological genius!
Businesses have also realized the need to attract customers through the effective and optimal use of mobiles. Though many might prefer desktop apps to mobile apps, here are some reasons why mobile apps could be more advantageous:
- Offer better personalization
- Make sending notifications easy
- Can make use of other mobile features like camera, GPS, etc
- Allow the user to work offline
- Can be designed with several elaborate functions based on advanced gestures tap, swipe, hold, etc
- Act as a new branding experience
- Users spend more time on mobile apps
Having your app within your users’ hands is a great way to provide value and increase sales, brand awareness, and even efficiencies within your business.
While both channels have their own pros and cons, mobile apps can help you get higher conversions and retention. Mobile apps offer greater personalization and operational efficiency, along with multiple other exclusive features.
At Aerion, we deliver engaging mobile apps as we:
- Help you build your Proof of Concept (POC), (), and even the complete app; and
- Provide end-to-end delivery from ideating, designing, developing, testing, and maintaining your app.
Should I build an iPhone App or an Android App?
Another FAQ for developers has to do with the platform on which an app should be built. The two most popular smartphone operating systems are Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android.
When building mobile apps, the first choice one must make is between developing an app for either iPhones or Android devices. There are ways in which these apps are different:
- Use of different programming languages
- Different budgets and maintenance tasks
- Consideration of the country one wants to target as different mobile operating systems are popular in different countries
- Android is more customizable than iOS is the operating system Apple has developed for its mobile and tablet devices (iPhones and iPads). iOS is the..., but not necessarily more popular in every country.
Just so this helps! App development for the Android platform offers you scalability and cost-effectiveness. Here are some of the reasons why you should build an Android App over an iOS is the operating system Apple has developed for its mobile and tablet devices (iPhones and iPads). iOS is the... App:
- Android Apps have a bigger market share
- Android development is low cost and provides high ROI
- Android applications have low barriers to entry
- Android app development can help you target various platforms
- Android app development offers flexibility
- Android app development provides maximum customization
- Android app development is both versatile and scalable
That said, app development for the Apple platform offers you scalability and a better Return on Investment (ROI). Here are some of the reasons why you should build an iPhone App as opposed to an Android App:
- iPhone Apps have high-end security
- iPhone Apps ensure secured transactions
- iPhone Apps have strong brand value
- iPhone Apps provide a better ROI
- iPhone Apps are aesthetically more appealing
- iPhone Apps provide better scalability
- iPhone Apps provide a better customer experience
- iPhone Apps have a flexible user interface
At Aerion, we have 10-plus years of experience in building both Android and iPhone Apps. In fact, if you’re interested in Native Mobile App Development, we do that as well!
How much does A Mobile App/ Application is a program that you download from Google Play or The App Store. You then install... Development cost?
This is an important FAQ for developers, is it not? A cost estimate for app development is the most basic and yet a crucial component while budgeting any app development project.
The cost depends on a number of factors:
- App functionality and purpose
- Mobile platforms and devices supported
- Integration points
- Use of visual objects
- Use of smartphone hardware features
- Maintenance plan
While factors like the complexity of the app, the number of user types, the number of user flows, screens and the scalability required—all affect the final budget, here are some benchmark figures:
|Type of A Mobile App/ Application is a program that you download from Google Play or The App Store. You then install...||Cost|
|A Small A Mobile App/ Application is a program that you download from Google Play or The App Store. You then install...||$ 30,000 – $ 80,000|
|A Medium Mobile App||$ 80,000 – $ 150,000|
|A Large Mobile App||$ 150,000 – $ 300,000|
|A Large and Complex Mobile App||$ 300,000+|
How long does it take to build a A Mobile App/ Application is a program that you download from Google Play or The App Store. You then install...?
The time taken to build a A Mobile App/ Application is a program that you download from Google Play or The App Store. You then install... depends on several things:
- Actual features of the app
- Platforms you’d want the app to support
- Number of users
- Size and capacity of the development team
Developing a simple App with functionality and a basic User Interface that runs on a single platform will take between 2-3 months.
If you want a medium-complexity iPhone App with more sophisticated features and custom UI details, it will take anywhere between 3-6 months.
A high-level App with advanced features, a bespoke UI and that runs on 2 or more platforms, it would take anywhere between 6-12 months or even more.
Here’s a basic outline of the time it takes:
|Simple||5-8||Single Platform, Basic UI, Functionality||2-3 months|
|Basic||10-15||Custom UI, Advanced Features, Single Platform||3-6 months|
|Complex||20+||Advanced Features, 2 or more platforms, bespoke UI||3-12 months +|
As for how this happens at Aerion, the 3-12 months’ cycle of A Mobile App/ Application is a program that you download from Google Play or The App Store. You then install... Development does not include the time taken for DevReady, a custom process that ensures that your ideal solution is designed in just 4 weeks!
And now that you have the answers to the FAQs for developers, let’s talk–the first round of consultation with Aerion Technologies in absolutely FREE!